Recreational Games - Additional Information:
- Make sure you have the alternate uniform with you! NSC rec teams wear blue and yellow. Do not wear the same color as the teams.
- You must arrive on the field no less than 30 minutes prior to the scheduled kick off time.
- No team is to be ahead by more than 5 goals. If a 4 goal lead occurs, the referee must approach the Coach of the winning team and quietly inform him/her only one additional goal is to be scored. You must call the Referee Assignor after the game if the final score is a winning margin of more than 5 goals.
- Any cards given in a U14 game should also be reported to the Referee Assignor.
- If both team coaches approach you prior to the game and ask that less kids play, usually due to lack of players, you may use your discretion to change the number of players. The goal is to play and have fun.
- Refer to your Referee Handbook and the following rules should questions arise during a game. Do this at half time or at the end of the game.
Recreational Game Rules
|Number of Players, Including Keeper
||7 v 7
||11 on 11
|Required Goalkeeper Substitutions
||2 different keepers per game (1 each half)
|Build Out Lines
|Length of Game
||25 minute halves
||40 minute halves
|Duration Between Halves
||Throw-in (your own, if you sub the other team may sub), any goal kick, center kick, injury
|Free Kicks, Offside, Possession of Ball by the Keeper, Throw-Ins
||Verbal warnings to player and coach
||Red and yellow cards issued; a player receiving a red card will be ejected from the game immediately and will not be able to participate in team’s next match; repeat offenders will face further sanctions
||Coaching is allowed from the player side only and only from the midfield line to the top of the box on the team's end of the field; all spectators other than the head coach, assistant coach and team manager, will be placed on the opposite side of the field from the teams and no closer than 2 yards from the touch lines; no one is permitted behind the goal line during the game
||Please - no tobacco, no alcohol and no dogs at the fields.
RecPlus Game Rules
Games predominantly follow FIFA Rules for age appropriate groupings.
Eligible players; 2nd grade through 12th grade boys and girls
2nd through 6th grade leagues will play 8v8 with keepers
7th grade through 12th grade leagues will play 11v11
A minimum of four teams will be required for a league
Minimum of 8 games scheduled
Jamboree may be offered
35 minute halves for 2nd through 4th grade games
40 minute halves for 5th through 12th grade games
* Six goal margin maximum strongly enforced. Violations of this rule will result in loss of home game and must
pay for referees at way game and possible further sanctions
No tryouts for teams
All players must be registered with CJSA
Certified pools will be required but no passes
Certified pools will be presented to referees prior to the game
Travel players allowed with maximum of 4 per team
No premier players permitted
Referee age recommendations will follow CJSA guidelines
50 players maximum pool size for 11v11 leagues
36 player maximum pool size for 8v8 leagues
50% playing time for all players
No standings will be kept
Each participating town is required to appoint a member to the recreational plus governing
board for a seasonal year. The governing board oversees the leagues and acts as liaison to
clubs. The governing board reports to the SWD Executive Board.